Sunrise, Inc. is happy to offer all of our veterans programs at no cost to participants. If you are interested and qualify for our programs, please contact Sunrise, Inc. right away for our registration paperwork. Your spot in the program will not be reserved until the necessary paperwork is completed and returned.
What is Veterans Equine Therapeutic Services?
Sunrise, Inc. offers horseback riding and horsemanship lessons and activities for veterans. There are many benefits to this kind of recreational therapy.
- Improved posture, balance, and flexibility
- Increased muscle tone and stamina
- Improved multi-tasking skills
- Better emotional control
- Increased sequencing skills
- Improved memory.
- A sense of well-being and inner peace
VETS 2021 Schedule
Registration for VETS Coming Soon
Registration for the VETS 2021 season will open soon. Check back for the schedule or follow us on Facebook.
VETS Activities at Sunrise
- VETS I Course
- VETS II Course
- Group Outings
- Trail Rides
Resources for Veterans
- PATH International Equine Services For Heroes
- Riding My Way Back
- Reining in PTSD with Equestrian Therapy
- How Horses Help Warriors in Transition
If you are a veteran in crisis or the family member of a veteran in crisis, whether or not that includes thoughts of suicide or violence, please contact the Veterans Crisis Line immediately. It is free and confidential, and people are available to talk 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.